I've compiled a number of tips into a single "pre-run" check list for those with new VMX 450's.
- Slipper adjustment - make sure not too tight
- Rear wheel
- Clutch gap - set to 2.7mm
- Check gyro gear plate alignment
- Lock tight
- Fork blueprinting
the forks have 3 spacer bushings and 2 o-rings in the lower cap section. Sometimes the o-rings could be dragging too much on the fork shaft. To relieve this take the 2 plain spacers and sand (hone) them with fine sanding paper on a flat surface, like glass. Use 600-1000 grit sand paper. Remove a little material and then test fit the parts and see if the fork shaft slides smoother than before. Sand both parts. If you can measure the parts try to remove about 0.1-0.2mm only front he total thickness of the original part.
check to see if the upper and lower pistons slide easily in the aluminum fork tube. If not use the same 600-1000grit sandpaper and sand the piston edges to reduce the diameter a little bit until the pistons work smoothly in the fork tube
- Check chain master link
- Check the shock bladder
- Battery connector -> Dean's Ultra
- Tape the spur cover (maybe CA?)
- Loosen feet, tape thigh?
- set steering to proper direction for counter-steering
- program fail-safe
- sub-trim/trim servo (EPA)
- remove annoying beeps
- enter "VMX" model name
- Check pinion/spur gear mesh
- Set ESC LVC