Old Apr 07, 2011, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,266 Posts
Build Log
Peter Rake Albatros DXI in 1/6 scale

I made this thread a 'discussion' and it may remain so for quite a while...at least 'til my Morane AI is completed
It was not my intention to build another of Peter's models for a while but had been poring over pictures and Datafiles looking for a type that had masses of info available and then saw that Pete had the rather pugnacious Albatros DXI up for grabs - an aircraft for which there is almost NO data available! I'd never done a lozenge camo scheme before, and encouraged by Hammerd's results (who isn't) decided that a simple DXI build would make an ideal step before tackling the next big 'un later on. Pete is still designing that beastie for me

The Albatros DXI is about as far removed from it's sleek, sexy predecessors (DVa etc) as it could be but has a certain ugly-duck charm and will be infinitely easier to build with a square fuselage and round engine.

Only two prototypes were built serial 2208 and 2209. Both differed - one had a four bladed prop and balanced ailerons, the other was two bladed and normal Albatros ailerons. One was varnished wood fuselage and the other mauve and green camouflage. Both had Lozenge pattern wings.

I have a grand total of 4 useful photos - 3 of one machine and 1 of the other. While Pete's model physically depicts the two blade, varnished wood version, I'm sure no one would complain if the other colours were used!

Pat
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Jun 19, 2011 at 06:41 AM.