Thread: New Product New ParkZone F-27Q Stryker
View Single Post
Old Apr 03, 2011, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by kuczy
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,398 Posts
I hope everyone that's upset about the Q "Possibly" being less upgradeable realizes that the C was not intended to run high power setups. HH didn't design it that way. The C fuse was just carried over from the B version that had a brushed motor and a 7cell NiMh 900mah pack. Those motors and batteries were heavy. I know because I had 2 of them. Don't forget Parkzone's motto is "Just Fly" not "Just buy the body for $20 and then buy non HH equipment and push it to 150mph". The B was slower than the Wildcat and the C was was just an extension of the B. When the C came out the B wasn't discounted for some time and both were sold side by side. Lipo's and brushless motors were still pretty new to the hobby. The C was simply a way for HH to get you to to buy their equipment since guys were starting to experiment with the new lipo's and brushless motors and having great success with the Stryker. Now the C is old and out dated but, people love it and it needed upgraded once again. Now we get the Q an extension of the C. They've taken what the basic mods people do and incorporated them into the design. Gave it a better ESC, more powerful motor, better aerodynamics, and rudders. With all that they've done they want to charge you $25 more. Bare painted C bodies used to be offered for $85. Maybe big 6s batteries will fit and maybe they won't. Either way the Stryker A, B, C, and now the Q were never designed for them.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge