Old Apr 03, 2011, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
First to go over 106K feet
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Mar 2008
2,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtl0715 View Post
I got my new Skywalker a few days ago and began my build today. I made it surprisingly far, given a half day of work. I was surprised by the quality of some of the parts. When it comes to Chinese airplanes, I automatically expect that I will have to replace most (or all) of the hardware. For the SW, I chose to keep the push-rods and clevises as well as the motor mount.

I used all HS82MG servos and changed out everything for Futaba twisted servo wire. I made an effort to wire this model as cleanly as possible. I cannot stand the birds nest that is so common in FPV planes. Below are some photos - I couldn't get the whole plane in the frame due to the size of the room.

Hopefully there are more photos to come tomorrow. I've already added some FPV equipment, but I'm taking it slowly to avoid wiring mistakes.

-TL
You might want to mmove the elevator wires further fowrard where they run along the rudder hinge line. I usually put glue in that area and if you don't move them, it could cause that area not being glued porperly.

I have my ESC in the same place and I have never had an over heating problem. I'm sure that problem all depends on your set up.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti