Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:17 AM
Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Tim --- I was across the street from your job earlier today with the kids. We were suppose to be there earlier in the day and I could of stop over and chatted with you real quick.
Dude!!!!! Why didn't you stop in??? You can always bring the kids.. They love the bikes! Next Time just ask for me or come to the shop..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg View Post
Tim - A lot of people (incl. me) fly the 3DHS 57" Extra on a 4s setup. You need a 750-800kV motor capable of 70-80A, e.g. a Motrofly 3625-800. I fly mine with 14x6 for about 1000 wt total, most people go for 15x6, about 1200 wt. The nice part about it is, you can double these 4s batteries for an 8s setup on a 65-72 plane for about 2kwt total. I'm going to go 5s (or 6s.. not sure) with the EF Edge, though.
I know what you guys are saying, but!!!!!! I got to fly this little gem, and IMO you NEED to go with the recommended setup... When I was hanging out with Chris we talked allot about setup and tuning, and that's a big concern of His.. That allot of people will never experience the full potential of his planes because they don't get setup properly...

One of the big advantages of 6cell with a 14x7 or 15x8 is that you can pull crazy watts with very low amp draw! Something like 1300watts and 50 amps, WO!!!

I'm swinging a 16x8 on 5cell that produces 1000w and 60amp

Like I always say "you can put a bigblock in a VW beetle" "but that dosent make it right"
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Apr 03, 2011 at 08:02 AM.