Thread: Discussion Art Tech Spitfire
View Single Post
Old Apr 02, 2011, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by Edge767
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,790 Posts
Well, I took the plane out for some more flying today after flying the PZ Jug. What a difference. Where the Jug is a fast, smooth, and even at stock a well-powered plane, the Spitfire feels heavier. It looks more scale flying in the air to a certain degree because you can't just apply full-throttle to do crazy things with it. With the Spitfire, you have to think ahead of the plane a lot more than you do with the Jug.

With that said, it was still fun flying the Spitfire around, but on landing, the left strut bent and snapped. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. With just over a half hour of total flying time, I'm disappointed to see the gear snap. I know it can be flown without gear, but I prefer taking off and landing to belly landing in grass. I'm thinking of figuring out how to use the discarded fixed gear from my PZ Jug, but I may just spend the $20 for HK retracts and see how that goes.

I am thinking of upgrading to a two-bladed prop to see if performance can improve. The motor and ESC seem pretty good; I think the prop is hindering performance. It looks great on the ground, but I care more about performance in the air than how it looks on the ground. A plane is worthless if it doesn't perform in the air.
Edge767 is online now Find More Posts by Edge767
RCG Plus Member