Thread: Discussion Witespy Quad
View Single Post
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by Tony97
Joined May 2004
720 Posts
Great video. It looks like auto level on that quad works great. I will keep trying it. Maybe my rate is too high. I turned down to a 9. If the wind make it drift, it is hard to fight the quad wanting to keep it level to keep in one spot.

I flew my Witespy quad in 12-15 mph winds and it did ok. Seems like a little choppy movements but that may be able to be dampened out somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
Sounds like your PID settings are off.... This will only happen if your PID settings are wrong. What are your PID settings?

Have you been changing them ? You should not change them too much unless you really understand what is going on, and test test test. If you change the P value,that means your going to need to change the I and D values too. It is a mathematical equation and your getting them all out of sync. So it will go "erratic" and will not be able to correct itself . They make all the difference in the world.

Go back to default settings ...

I fly in 25 + MPH wind No problem all the time...Both modes.

Here is me testing autolevel is 25mph wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uSV-cChe9o

2. It is always a good practice to make sure any quad is level before plugging it in.... Do not be lazy
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97