View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by scotsoft
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,710 Posts
I had a look at the tandem video this afternoon and it does seem to cope better
I attached my stripped down keyfob cam to my stripped down S026G and gave it another go last Monday, I used rubber bands to attach it and try to reduce vibration but was not that successful .
If I can find something to absorb the vibration better the S026G flight time suffers but it will stay in the air and shoot some video.
So I am cutting up sponges, foam anything I see lying about the house one tip I got from the multi rotor forum was a roll of "stuff" that is non stick and is used to keep contents of drawers from slopping about.
So as I have some I am going to try some of that next
If it works I might have a video to post that won't have me cringing with shame lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
In the mean time, I've begun posting videos on my youtube channel of my mCX tandem with a 2.4Ghz wireless camera attached to it. I tried using the 6020, and my 68785 helis but the extra weight is just a bit too much for them to handle, but the mCX tandem rescue has no problem with it. The battery and Camera/Tx module are attached to the heli using one piece of scotch tape each, making it easy to move the setup around the helicopter.

Here are some pictures and a video of the setup (the camera was moved from where it is mounted to the heli in the picture below, in the vid it is attached to the outer side of the left pontoon, giving it a better Point-of-View)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FECo8CfIggg
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft