View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by szastoupil
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,634 Posts
T.R.,

For whatever it's worth, good luck with the combat project. I wouldn't be discouraged by the response here, actually it seems quite good. I'm guessing it would only take a few people, and a few more would be a bonus to make it worth your while. The group may look for your guidance to keep it cheap and keep it simple for the newbies. We've already exchanged emails offline in the the recommended guidelines look to be easy and straightforward to follow. Once you get established as a few person group you may want to keep the club officers in the loop to go about dedicating time for the league on a regular basis...if that's what you want.

A number of years ago Chris Z, Ryan T, and myself tried electric combat one night with the same plane design. It was fun while it lasted. My strategy was to make the opponents crash via extreme laughter by stalling into a tail slide and eating my own streamer to many bits.

Build it and they will come when the regulars of the field see how much fun you're having. I've been in the club long enough to see special interests come and go or stick. Five or six years ago I didn't set out to convert fellow members to handlaunch gliders, but it didn't take long for a dozen or more people to give it a try after watching my experiences. All one can do is encourage each other and feed off each other's enthusiasm. There are still a number of us flying handlaunch, some more serious than others. Next thing we knew that we're vacuum bagging wings, molding composite parts, building CNC machines, and traveling 500-1000 miles or more to contests.

Anyway, a little rambling on my part. Go for it.

Scott
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil