Thread: Build Log ASM F7F Tigercat
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by Staggerflyer
Tama, Iowa USA
Joined Dec 2007
595 Posts
Wow, that dummy radial looks great. Wish I had known about them earlier. I'm using the Top Flight 1/7 scale units. Got mine at Tower Hobbies. They need a single wrap of insulating foam tape to fit. I used 3/16, I think 1/8 would work also. Used what I had on time.

Better get those retracts fast. Prices are only going up, because of the fast falling dollar against all foreign currencies, thanks to our governments destruction of the economy and the Feds unlimited printing of more.

Here's how my battery mounts came out. I need to make some locks and fillers to hold the batteries in place, and to fill the fit when I use a 2 cell pack in one box, for larger props. My setup reaches auto cutoff when using 6 cell and 15 and 16 inch three bladers, due to excessive amp draw. I plan on cutting those props down to 14 inches, but haven't got that done yet, to try. I have a Scorpion 4025-12 and Castle Phx ICE 100 in a BH P-40 turning the APC 15.75x13x3 prop on 5 cells working fantastic. This was my original power setup plan, but the Scorpions were on long back order.
Staggerflyer is offline Find More Posts by Staggerflyer