Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
Another question:

Since I do not have any 2.4GHz Tx's, does the Walkera Tx support bind-and-fly? Can I use it with other helis as well?
Thanks
Terry
If you buy a Walkera, then it will "off the bat" only bind with Walkera -but that is a general issue still, every company kind of has their own protocol ... Eflite has spectrum, walkera has walkera and esky has esky (question is how long still) and so on. But I know of people who did put Spektrum electronics into their L400 - so it is not that it would not be possible. You basically need to make a decision on which TX you want to use. Saying that you plan to progress on to a TREX450 and then 600, I would expect that you plan on using a Spektrum TX, as these do not come with TX's to all I know

There are two ways (again - to all I know)
1. overall, the L400 is decently priced, even as a RTF model. It will not be devastating to buy another TX once you switch to TREX

2. buy a ARF model for either L400 or BOL and a spectrum (at least DX7) ... but that would be a much more substantial "initial investment" ... and you should be well versed in the RC field, as it would be recommendable if you want to start out with spectrum from the beginning, to also switch the L400 (or BOL) to brushless and boardless.

(3rd way would be to buy a L400 and 2801 for less than 300$ shipped (www.walkeraofamerica.com) - if you live in the continental US. (just make sure to get the newest Firmware [2.3]) - this will leave you almost unlimited room to grow within the hobby [it is even possible to use the 400 (or BOL) as a basis for a heli that can grow from out of the box coax to 3 bladed coax CP ... if you are willing to put the necessary money into it ....)

EDIT:
I apologize, to answer the original question - yes you can use the Walkera TX with other helis, but it will require certain adjustment to be able to do so ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member