View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by chiloschista
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
779 Posts
Hi,

I just got my new PV500 ECO. Thanks boopidoo and Ian for finally stimulating me to buy this device.
I'm very satisfied with the great quality of all the components.
The remote is IR and not wired like boopidoo one.

I did a quick test and bit rate is definitely high at >7Mb/sec.
Recording resolution goes up to 1280/960 at 30fps, another great feature.

If I only decided earlier I could save some money. It is worth for a ground station to wait a little more and buy good devices. They will last (not crashing ).

After my miniDV died I bought several recorders, but no one was even satisfactory.
Summarizing, I have :
- V-mate. Not so bad, but low bit rate and needs external power, remote and screen. It does not memorize date, so you have to set it every time you cycle power.
- JXD 980. Very low / bad quality. Only good point is colours saturation.
It has a nice screen, big memory (8GB), external microSD memory.
Firmware does not allow any quality change. It is a good player.
- S-Cam. Quality not so bad, but it does not record through statics. It will restart when video is there again. But here too, the firmware seems a work half done. There are several options, but nothing changes when you try them. E.g. if you select record time 30minutes it still splits the video in 10minutes files.

So after some thoughs and doubts I decided to invest some money (thanks low dollar currency too) and the first approach is very satisfactory.
Money invested for ground equipments (RC tx, video recorders, pan / tilt etc) is always well invested.

Best regards,

Ric
chiloschista is online now Find More Posts by chiloschista