Thread: Discussion Blade MCP X - owner's thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by clintfisher
Joined Jul 2007
34 Posts
Also, regarding Fragzilla's video of blade separation, I'm GLAD he posted the video and am having a tough time believing it somehow diminishes credibility of others who have experienced blade separation.

The FACT is that blade grips have been releasing.
The FACT is that they release with DANGEROUS velocities that could easily take a bystander's eye out with little to no warning.

Yes, the MCPx is already a potentially hazardous aircraft, but typically a bystander would have time to duck, dodge, or shield themselves from the whole heli. But a thrown blade? It's pretty much like a bullet, leaving a bystander little to no chance of dodging that "bullet".

Regardless of how he instigated the separation (which he's been fairly clear about), Fragzilla's video demonstrates the very REAL danger of blade separation, and gives a good warning to others to be sure to pre-flight their aircraft carefully or add a safety measure.

I'm glad he made the video, and am sad to see folks trashing him about it.

Having said all this, I LOVE my two MCPx's. HH's customer service has been great to me, and I'd recommend this bird (and a simulator) for anyone wanting to get into CP helis without completely draining their bank account.

Peace
clintfisher is offline Find More Posts by clintfisher