Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Stacks On?
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
13,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey you know more about building than I ever will!! I was thinking about that motor box area when I made the comment but I can't really tell from looking at pictures how much wood is really there and how strong it is. Anyway, it doesn't sound too heavy so far. You can figure another three pounds for the engine and ignition. On an 88" wing it doesn't sound bad at all. Anything under 18 or so pounds should be good to go and you should be well under that, don't you think?
The motor box is strong, not efficent like the new motor boxes of today. I again am afraid to take anyhing away from it. It already has some right thrust built into the box and such so I am going to clean it up and paint it.

It is an 80 inch wing <guy I got it from thought 88> with 1162 Square Inches. The manual says 14-16 lbs with a Moki 1.8 or Zenoah 45. So to your point I think I am in the game with the motor I have. <I hope>

Did you see the ugly motor mounts it had on it in the original pictures? I am not sure what was on in but those motor mounts were heavy.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy