Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:54 AM
Find More Posts by aerophilia
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,295 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing CR23L Contra Rotating Brushless Motor

I just got my hands on this little beauty yesterday. I have been waiting for an affordable contra system for a while. So when this came up I was keen to check it out.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16618

The specs on the HK website must be wrong somewhere I reckon. A 300 gram motor only putting out 560 watts? Hopefully they are underspeccing this a fair bit. If I can get 800-1000 watts out of it without stressing it too much I will be pretty happy. So I need to do some testing.

First, is there an easy way to work out the Kv? I don't have a rpm meter or hyperion emeter?

I need to buy some bolts to mount the motor to something to start testing, so until then a breakdown of the parts....

It doesn't look like a bad motor. The way the front prop attaches may need some slicing and dicing. The way it works at the moment it's a long way from the rear prop. At least a couple of centimeters.

The way the rear prop will also need some tweaking if a prop with a large pitch is used, as the plate holding it down is rather large (4.4cm). Might need some washers to space it out from prop hub.

Pics to follow......
aerophilia is offline Find More Posts by aerophilia