View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,533 Posts
A few more of the wing..

Good Morning! Its a lovely little rainy like morning here, not close to 75degrees today... and Tom..nice little heater you have there, and I'm glad you have a thermostat man...I'm sure it keeps that heater well controlled...its nice to be able to control your climate to that degree I'm sure.
I am fortunate I know to live in a very mild environment ...with alot of rain this year.. Its supposed to rain all week. Never the less...the wife wants to tackle some yard work today before it gets really soaked.. and it is a nice day for it at about 55-60degrees.

Here's a bit more progress.. as I putz with it a bit...

Pic #1. Wing end before plaining. Just as its built with about 1/16" or so oversize, on spars and sheeting. The cap-strips were installed flush with outside rib.

Pic #2. Wing after using dremel to get the spruce spars down to size, then used the 11" bar sander to plain the tip overall. The other wing-tip was done identically.

Pic #3. Wing is ready except for leading edge. The book calls for shaping the edge at this point. I'm not going to start to shape something... when I don't yet have the other component I'm shaping it too...

So... on to the fuselage, I'll shape the leading edge when I have the fuselage to compare and fit it too.

... changing plans over again... (and other chores) Have a great day.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Last edited by DGrant; Mar 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM.