View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:30 AM
Find More Posts by tinybastian
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
Thanks for the support anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyATteamMUROC View Post
As a Qld high school teacher who deals with students who live and breathe model planes, I feel for the staff and students from down south who would like to be involved in the 2011 Airborne Delivery. Perhaps as this is an 'adjustment year' (for want of a better word), what with the putting back of the S&R, the organisers might consider a special dispensation to allow these young people from other states to compete. Perhaps even some of them will have graduated next year and miss out totally which would be a shame. If there is any way they can be allowed to compete, even in just the AD, then I think all of us will be winners in some way. Can I add finally that the organisers go out of their way to present a brilliant competition and to make young aviators/engineers feel relaxed and part of something grand. That's why we keep coming back.
I would totally agree. Last year we made the trek from SA not really knowing anything, The judgers were great in allowing use to resubmit material as it was a massive learning curve for us. This has only made the resolve for the students stronger. The high school comp is and needs to be about participation, engagement and excitement. Yes we do need rule and regs to protect the students, organisors etc and for the students to understand developing a system to a standard.

We would love to be apart of it this year. we have already started the fundraisning and developement of the UAVs for the challenge. As part of gainning more knowledge as a teacher I am going to Aviation High later this term to help improving our schools knowledge and understanding of the aviation industry. (anthony where is muroc college?)

With the interest shown by ACT and other SA schools it would be disappionting to not allow them to compete in this transitioning year.

Please can we enter

thanks
richard
tinybastian is offline Find More Posts by tinybastian