Pic #1. I mark the centers of each rib, actually for a few reasons. I make it a very light pencil mark, the biggest reason is by using the mark, I find it very easy to position the cap-strip directly over the rib using LAR(looks about right)method. I cut the strip to a fuzz over length, block sand a swipe or two for a good end, then just center it each end, press it, and its done.
The second reason is, I find that light pencil mark is a good guage for sanding, so I don't oversand, when the mark is gone, its good to go.
Pic #2. Cap-strips down. Ready to pull off the board for the second side, sheeting and cap-strips.
Pic #3. I'm glad I didn't pull if off the board until it was joined. The center joint ended up looking pretty good..
.... and I pulled it off the board, just as I suspected, its very straight, and I won't bore you/me with another "straight-shot".. trust me here.
One really can't go wrong with these types of wings if everything is done in detail, and all cuts and joints are precise. Now I'm flipping it over for some more sheeting and cap-strips... before that though, it gets sheer webbing.
Finishing aileron servo-bays, and installing some guide-tubes for the servo wires are also on the schedule tomorrow.