View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by mrblucor
I need more room!
Cape Cod MA
Joined Nov 2005
334 Posts
On the 262, I would run both battery leads together. I have had problems running seperate batteries and leads to each esc. When you plug in the first battery, one esc has full power and the other only has the 5 Volts backfeed through the throttle wiring. I wired this way because I was lazy and the battery connectors were already installed. I joined the two reds and the two blacks at the esc, and all problems went away. One big battery or two smaler ones is up to you. What fits better? What do you own for batteries? (2) 3 cell 2200's in parallel are the same as one 3 cell 4400.

On the Het, I would mount the esc in the exaust and extend the battery leads running forward. I did this in my HET f-18 and have never had a problem with the power system. I'm using a Wemotec 70mm fan, Mega 16/15/2 motor, Castle 45 esc. Pulling 550 Watts from a fresh 3 cell battery pack (Pair of TP 3 cell 2100's). Hand launch is not a problem.

If you extend either the battery or motor leads, please twist them together. This will help reduce noise in the system. If you extend the battery leads more than 100mm, adding caps will be helpful. Search for this and you will find a thread with all the details.

JB
mrblucor is offline Find More Posts by mrblucor