Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
14,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I think that this is very important, small steps, getting more and more experianced flying FPV and testing your equipments capabilities as you go. I've had a couple of flights that didn't go as expected, if I had been a long way out, I would have probably lost or crashed the plane. FPV takes a lot of concentration, anything that takes your attention away from flying can bring lots of trouble... getting lost, etc.
I think all my steps were fine until I tried fleying at a new location. I should have done the following:

- Inspect the video system connectors and antennas (since i lost video signal, it may have something to so with the problem)

- Fly LOS with a flycam to see the view of the field and recognize the landmarks (what you did at the beginning Art, as well as I at my club field since I had flown there with flycams for 2 years)

- wait for a calmer day to try the new place.

- Fly LOS while recording video signal to see if there was interference at that location.

Hope this will help others avoid the mistakes I made and will help them keep their plane.
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca