View Single Post
Old Jan 08, 2002, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by sblack
Scott Black, Montreal
montreal quebec Canada
Joined Sep 1999
1,254 Posts
I have seen some of those plans. They basically sell you 3 CNC formers and say "cover it with sheeting and sand away anything that doesn't look like a EuroFighter!". I can't believe they didn't tell you what sheeting or dihedral to use!

I would think that if this is for a 480 fan, i.e. it is a reasonably small plane, go for 1/16 light balsa on the fuse and make the wing out of foam with 1/32 contest sheeting. There is no need to add dihedral on a delta. The sweep performs the same function. You certainly would not want negative dihedral on a low wing airplane.

You've picked a challenging subject. I hope you are a good scratch builder and can work out all the little technical details for yourself. I think these plans are terrible, especially for the money. However, most of the designs themselves are pretty good flyers from what I have seen. But they basically leave all the engineering up to the builder - nothing is explained. I don't see how they can take your money yet give you so little in return. YOu might as well just go get a 3 view off the net and start there. Also, if they want to sell them here, it isn't like the instructions are 20 pages long. They could translate them. Good luck!

sb
sblack is offline Find More Posts by sblack