Thread: Discussion diary of a FPV noobie
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,688 Posts
This is a delicate matter...In this day and age with all the people around wanting to sue each other I wonder if this is not an open invitation for trouble...

I was in the committee of our club when we got a report of a plane flying away, It was a gas plane then.
Someone walked in the local model shop which contacted us.This guy demanded a meeting with us (the committee) so we went to his house cap in hand and fully apologetic.
The plane fell near him so he felt his life was in danger, and because of that wanted some redress, he would not return the plane and he went to the authorities.

Thankfully the cops thought that the guy was wasting police time. Wanting to press charges for what a toy aeroplane was about to do to him was a something to be laughed at.
The police ended up threatening the guy by charging him for theft if he did not return the plane.

All in all It was a really unpleasant episode...

I am all for being responsible and dealing with reasonable people. normally an apology and some damage compensation (broken window or dented car) should take care of the worst problems and that would be that, but if the thing goes to court...then your livelihood is at stake
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99