Thread: Discussion GMFC Foam cutting software
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by gm.cnc
France
Joined Feb 2006
288 Posts
Hi,

I am not sure that I fully understood what you need, but a smaller block seems to be a good solution.

Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinboom View Post
I remember somewhere along the line, that I checked a box improperly performing a "skin" cut, and instead of the wire traveling up, and then back, it started at the very trailing edge, cut at a perfect angle up to and bisecting the end of the cut at the top measurement. Does that make sense. What I need to do, is cut some split flap material for same, and I don't know how to do it.

It needs to be 380 mm's or so wide.
75 mm's chord.
the leading edge, needs to be 12 mm's high.

Make sense?

A simple triangle that I can use as the top portion of the split flap. Right now because of how I had to cut the wing, the flap is in pieces, with a small spacer having to be added. I'd like to make it one piece as it would be easier to epoxy down. Thanks for any advice. It would be even better if the bottom part was flat, and the top had the curve of the airfoil. Should I just set the co-ordinates for the full chord airfoil, use a block that is onlt 75 mm's chord, and let it go through the whole cut, but only be cutting the back end? Sorry for confusion, but that is my life!!!

Doug
gm.cnc is offline Find More Posts by gm.cnc