Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by canard addict
Joined Jun 2005
2,576 Posts
CA and John 235
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canard addict
At present, I am toying with the thought of making a twin motor taildragger with swept back in-line wings similar to the Georgia Goose with a prominent rudder and no horizontal tail. What do you all think it should look like?
Charles

Should I visualise something like this? Or maybe you would prefer to use a longer tail moment.
That beautiful model must have been lurking in my subconscious mind all along because my preliminary sketches are very close to it except for a different cockpit and tail dragger LG. Also both wings will be swept back with straight trailing edges. Regarding airfoils, there has been success in using identical ones front and rear as Lennon did on his Canada Goose. After looking them over in his book, it seems that a symmetrical one up front with it's abrupt stall at about alpha 10 and one similar to the Eppler 197 for the rear with it's gentle loss of lift would be good as shown on page 6 figure 5. BTW, Lennon used 3.5 degrees AOA on the canard wing to assure it would stall first.

So far there has not been a response from the video photographer but it may be a good while before we can depend on the weather.
Charles
canard addict is offline Find More Posts by canard addict