View Single Post
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by Carnifax
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,348 Posts
Discussion
Radical RC Stick 400 Build Thread~~~Now with Video

Welcome to the build log of Radical RC Stick 400. This is the latest effort by Radical RC, one of the industry leaders of strong, well built planes that fly great. Through a combination of pictures and the included written instructions, I hope to use this build thread to illustrate the ease of build and solid flying characteristics of the Radical RC Stick 400.

While the stick design itself is not new, the Radical RC (RRC) Stick 400 capitalizes on the time-tested design elements through model strength and extreme light weight. Radical RC uses the laser to its fullest potential with design elements that are not possible with old die cutting methods. Intricate dove tails, cross grain stiffeners, wing hold down latches, self jigging and interlocking connections,etc., all contribute to an easy building, great flying plane. Once you begin to build (and fly!), you will appreciate the time and effort that is involved in designing, testing and kitting these planes.

A quick word about the designer: Dave Thacker is the driving force behind Radical RC. Not only does he design his planes, he also tests them and flies them to make sure you receive a top notch product. His customer service is fantastic and is one of the hobbyís best advocates.

Alright, enough talk. Letís build. One more thing, as if you needed another reason to build this plane, its made in the USA!

A quick word about the kit. I wont bore you with how itís packaged or what color the cardboard is. I will tell you itís well protected and easy to understand.

Update: The sun was out and I took a little time off of work today (ahem) and headed down to the park for a quick flight or two. Ordinarily the place is dead but today, wouldnt you know it, the local news camera is there getting some weather footage at the time. I had no idea until most of the way through the flight. So my loss is your gain. Here is an edited version of the Stick400 video. I am posting this now as I have no idea they keep it posted (and I have no idea how long it will be before my boss sees this):

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=903096775001
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Last edited by Carnifax; Apr 13, 2011 at 04:30 PM.