View Single Post
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by Dick Adams
Michigan's U.P.
Joined Dec 2003
612 Posts
Tandems: Flying Bananas and Forest Fires, et al...

15 months ago, I was bitten by the micro heli bug, and it has changed my life forever! Nothing beats getting stick time in my family room. In just over a year I have put more time on the sticks flying my helis than the previous 10 years of flying my electric airplanes outdoors.

Jake, nice flight!

Nerm, I have adapted both 350 and 400 batteries to mine, but disguised them as forest fire control tanks slung under the fuselage.

I have had so much fun with this heli, particularly in mastering some of its strange flying quirks and adapting better batteries for longer flight times, that I had to do an article on it. (I have been contributing a column on micro helis to R/C Micro World for the last year describing my adventures and what I have learned.)

R/C Micro World just got back on line after unexpectedly losing its old server.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

You can see a sample issue at the following link. And I think they are giving trial subscriptions at no cost, so you should be able to find my Tandem Rescue article next month, as I think they are doing a month lag on the sample issues. Check out "Heli Corner":

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

Dick

Ps: I'll attach my cartoon of the "Flying Banana" and a shot of my Tandem with forest fire control tank slung under the CG. The "Flying Banana" label attached to the father of tandem helis earliest work. Frank Piasecki was this pioneer's name. He flew the second successful American heli, following Igor Sikorsky's lead. When I heard that label, I HAD to draw a cartoon!
Dick Adams is offline Find More Posts by Dick Adams
Last edited by Dick Adams; Mar 06, 2011 at 05:52 PM.