View Single Post
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I believe the stock tail motor has a couple of chokes in place already, there may be something similar inside the so called "ESC". I am not against adding a 50 cent fuse as long as it does not cause other issues. What kind of fuse are we trying to put there?

I thought I bought one when I ordered a bunch of parts from RTF, but could not find it. kdean has one and his is the one that appears not to be good. That was when I asked him if he did a continuity check.

You know, I was going to bid on one too. Right now I am watching a EXI 450, but he wants more than I am willing to pay along with shipping being way to high, so I will just look. I do not plan on at this time to convert the tail to brushless, will just adapt the V400 rotor mechanically. Yesterday I received the RTF brushless kit and flew V400#2 extensively this morning. Once I saw how they did it, it looked simple enough to build a brushless system myself. I am way out of date when it comes to the digital world, but I still have basic electronic skills that are useful for me. I will rely (and learn) from people such as yourself to do the heavy lifting.

The only reason I am thinking of going to a 450 frames is to find a little more durability until I learn how to fly better. It is nice at this time to have a heli that one can actually fly at a very low point on the learning curve. 6 or 7 years ago, I bought a Sabre 4ch fp and it was one of the most frustrating flying (or lack of) experiences I have ever had, so when I saw the FBL design and 3 gyro system of the V400 in January, I thought that would be a good way to go, and so far it has since I now have close to 30 flights with only a couple of real crashes.

SpadCat

Since you are already have 450 kit on the way (so we don't go bidding against each other) what search parameter did you use to find your kit?

SpadCat
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Last edited by SpadCat2000; Mar 05, 2011 at 07:38 PM.