View Single Post
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by Wasp09
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadCat2000 View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you plan on passing to?
I paid a few dollars more after shipping to buy another barebone 450 kit on ebay. It's in the mail. I don't know the quality yet, and there are a lot of uncertainties on what would fit. I hope to get the main rotor portion interworkable. Both use 5mm main shaft... Anyway it is another experiment and may turn out to be not a good choice.

If you are just looking for a frame. There are a number of standalone 450 frames that you can get from HK. The frame alone cost a lot less to ship.

The belt or TT 450 tail boom is larger than the V400D02 (which is closer to 250 I believe), we would need some kind of adapter to make it fit. If we want a standard pitch controlled tail, we would need a signal converter for the tail to work with 2614V. Both the main and tail motor outputs on the 2614V are for hooking up with brushed motors. For ESC/servo, we need signal converters.

The V400D02 electronics are not that transferrable directly to 450 unless we want to keep using brushed motors. Signal converters for both the main and tail may cost as much as a new 2612V and we always lose a bit across conversions.

The V400D02 leads us to upgrade to 450 conceptionally but it may not be that practical after all.

I have made my own converters to go brushless and pitched tail but the tail portion probably needs more tuning to get it right. I guess we need something shorter than 20ms cycle time to hold the tail as there is no tail gyro delay pot on the 2614V.

I'll try the transfer when the time comes. It is still winter up north.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Mar 05, 2011 at 05:22 PM.