Thread: Discussion Syma s107 Helicopter
View Single Post
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Skipjack
Waynesville, NC
Joined Nov 2010
15 Posts
Not TBE?

I have a new Firebird R3 that I thought was doing the classic toilet bowl (cyclic circle) effect. It hovers and flies forward normally, but when I release the right stick, instead of stopping and quickly stablizing it does big clockwise, decaying circles (without yaw) until it finally settles into a stable hover.

Re-reading the posts on TBE, I noticed that the above behavior isn't what's described. The rotation is clockwise, the same as the top rotor but should be the opposite. Also it, stops after 5-10 seconds instead of continuing or getting worse.

I've checked the fly bar and links for binding, lubricated with spray silicone, exchanged the whole top rotor head assembly with blades and fly bar with those from two other helis that are OK, swapped out lower blades and see no indication of a bent shaft. Nothing helped.

I have another new Firebird R5 that will only fly for 2-3 minutes and won't trim after the first minute (rotates right). I'd scavenge it for parts if I had any idea which ones.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

These Firebirds have really deteriorated recently - on the other hand, a new S107 R5 flied great.
Skipjack is offline Find More Posts by Skipjack
Last edited by Skipjack; Mar 07, 2011 at 02:59 PM.