View Single Post
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Spent a few hours putting the Turnigy mg servos in my #3 V400 re-build. (will post pics soon)

I did alot of adjusting to the upper frame, shaving down the whole rear section so the bigger servos would sit right.

I got the swash level, but the pitch looks a bit off. Once I get the blades on I can set the ball link rods to the right length.

I have to reverse the rx to fix the gyro, and I'm going find a way to put the esc under the frame instead of on the side.

Will keep you posted.......

kdean
Hey kdean,

To fix the ESC tyrap problem interfering with bigger batteries (I am assuming that is the reason for moving the ESC), just clip the tyraps off and use either double sided tape or Velcro to secure the ESC to the side where it normally is. Plenty of room now for a 3s 2200 (which I tested).

In regards to the EXI 450, I would like to use all the mechanics and electronics of the V400 to fit in one. I just want to get rid of the crappy V400 fuselage frame and hardware. Most of it is just junk.

SpadCat

Edit: HK has the HK 450 bare bones kit for only $9.44 plus shipping. Good way to go if I want to experiment, but it is on B/O
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Last edited by SpadCat2000; Mar 03, 2011 at 07:33 PM.