View Single Post
Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by ez2bgman
Joined Jun 2006
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
In almost all my planes, whether that be EDF's, pylons, etc, I cut out a small rectangle shape foam piece in front of and in back of the battery while it's at it's correct CG. I just hot glue thise pieces in and there is no possible movement for the battery. I also use Velcro straps in addition to the foam stoppers. I can take a picture of what I'm describing if you would like.
That's exactly what I did as well. But I made a last minute change the night before and shifted the battery as far forward as possible and forgot to move my "foam stopper".

Another thing that can be done is to make a battery tray out of light ply, attach some sticky back velcro to it, glue down a regular velcro strap, and then glue the tray down inside the battery compartment. Then attach the other part of the sticky velcro to the battery. When the battery is mounted, the battery is then velcroed to the tray and then the strap is tightened down over it. This is how we secure our batteries in our helicopters and I have yet to throw a battery during very rapid pirouettes or during a crash. This is how I'm going to secure the battery on the next build!
ez2bgman is offline Find More Posts by ez2bgman