View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:37 AM
Find More Posts by Quick61
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,704 Posts
Ok, I'm new here, and new to the KF wing design. That being said, with my deep desire to understand what is going on with this KF design the one thing that has brought me some clarity (murkiness?) is I try to think of the vortex trapped at the step as ENERGY, not as drag / lift / shaping. Energy and it's interactions between the static surface of the wing and the moving air. Don't think I can put this into words tonight having indulged in some tasty beverages of the adult genre, but it might be something to think about. A Useless Geek and JetPlaneFlyer have valid points, although JetPlaneFlyer is thinking in the conventional text book airfoil arena and that does not seem to apply very well to the KF.

Please, no one take this wrong, it is only a discussion for the purpose of learning and I mean no insult or any such thing towards anyone.

If I may leave you all with something I had said long ago, and Dick, you have reminded of this.... It is not those that follow the text books that are remembered, it is those that the text books are written about. - Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61