Thread: Discussion HET F-18 90mm RcLander DPS
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by firehawkzach
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Thank you soooo much for responding to my thread. I have not even been able to start the build due to the damage on the fuselage during shipping. I am currently waiting for the factory to send me a new one. I have already purchased the RcLander 9s fan and have the retracts on order. I have looked over the instructions and they are useless lol. I am still trying to figure out where some of the wood formers need to be placed inside the airframe lol. I am also worried about fitting the RcLander combo in the fuselage with the ducting. Also I am going to have to figure out a way to mount the unit inside also as the fan does not have mounts.

If my math is correct I was figuring on 9s the plane RcLander fan would produce 8.8 lbs of thrust? Maybe I am mistaken.
The finish on my plane was good but like I said I will be getting a new fuselage.
I am doing a hobbywing 100A Esc and will use two 4 cells for the maiden flight probably. After that I will run 9s.

I am still on the fence about the rudders as I am trying to keep the weight down. Even though one extra servo won't be that big of a deal weight is weight.

I am absolutely doing the carbon spar as well. If you would please tell me how you are doing this modification. I was thinking of drilling a hole in each wing and the fuselage to join both wing halves together with one carbon spar, is this correct?
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Last edited by firehawkzach; Feb 26, 2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: spelling