View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by sixspeed
Stanford, CA
Joined Dec 2010
86 Posts
represent,

Nice! I just returned a venom DX5-8 case a couple weeks ago. I thought I had found the perfect case as it was light, didn't take up much space, looked cool, seemed to offer ok protection, etc. but once I got it I realized that carrying my DX8 in it would be a gamble. Once I got my hands on it I realized that it is only good for protecting the radio from scratches and dirt. The switches will be either broken or pressed in with a light bump...I have seen it happen...and that was a risk I was not going to take with my new DX8. After returning it I tried the aluminum cases but they were bulky, of questionable quality, and I could not find a good one with a shoulder strap. After more online searching I have arrived at the Wing Tote WGT625...what the venom case should have been. Has a shoulder strap, some foam to offer more protection from bumps/jolts, not as bulky as an aluminum case, and a simple clean design. If you are considering the venom case take a look at the Wing Tote. Mine is arriving at my LHS tomorrow with my Mosquito
sixspeed is offline Find More Posts by sixspeed