View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by yogz
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAntonio View Post
Yes, well all my distances are much higher than other people because of my location. Flying from mountain tops in south Italy with no interference really helps. I get over 3km with 1w tx and stock antennas... go figure, I bet that with these antennas I can venture out further with the more powerful tx.
We'll see.

P.S. that's also how Trappy got his record. Flying through a valley from a mountain top with mountains on left and right, reflects the signal, plus it's as if your RX were placed very very high.
If you try setting your receiver up 20 feet on a telescoping pole, you'd probably double your range as it is, I don't know if you have tried that.

Can't be too scientific but YES this idea worked for me Bog standard whips on cheapo tx/rx. Masking tapped the RX to a carbon extending carp fishing/flag pole, put the end of it in a large axle stand (for supporting a car when the wheels are off if you work in an office) and conducted some stange ground tests as my friend watched on my gopro's. Signal much clearer and glitches all but disappeared as I danced around the field 500 meters away moving the cam/lipo/Vtx around like a witch doctor!!

Paul

Alex... I think metric version of you mig size is what I use for general use (actually I have got pretty good at using in on car body sheet metal as I am too lazy to swap the reels out for .6mm). The big question is - what works best random or precision wound???

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz