View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2011, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
18,096 Posts
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried a LRK wind on these motors? I don't see any mention of them in Trug's spreadsheet.

I did a 11 turn LRK "Y" wind on a bigger motor, a 64 gram TP2410-12D, and was really surprised at the results, especially on 3S LiPO. On 3S it more than doubled the power output of the motor over the ratings for the stock wind.

With a GWS DD HD-8060 prop, it turned a motor rated for 86W into a 194W motor and it is not even getting hot yet. I haven't tested the motor much yet but it looks like it is also going to be a good 2S motor for props larger than the HD-8060.

I think the LRK wind only using six of the twelve stator arms lets you pack a good amount of larger wire in because there is more room on each side of the arm. So you can go with a bigger wire and also get the turn count up more than you could with all twelve arms wound.

Here are the details on the first LRK wind I did on a 2410-12D:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382108

I'll post the details on the second wind over on that thread in the next day or so. But I can't help but wonder if a LRK wind wouldn't work well on these smaller 12 arm stators too (LRK requires using a 12 arm stator).

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes