Find More Posts by hendryc
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
Hi Mark,

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf007 View Post
Colinwill78,

I had the same problem. Basically the SKY705 unit was unrealiable when connected to a PC. What I eventually noticed was that the USB cable that came with the SKY705 unit started getting hot. I then started to suspect that the wires inside the cable had shorted between each other causing the issue/hot cable.

Anyway I ended up making a new cable and things seem to work OK now. But I do find that I need to start the computer without the SKY705 plugged in, open the SKY705 utility, plug in the SKY705, wait for it to link and then press "open G". Following this process with the new home made cable has made my unit work OK.

Regards,
Mark
talk about de ja vu... its like you were at my house

I have PM'ed you but for the sake of other users, does your cable now communicate with,

1. the SKYARTEC TX software for TX config? - important otherwise it can render the TX useless for all but current config!
2. any sim programs? - for those of us who don't want a 'pro' simulator as suggested.

hendryC
hendryc is offline Find More Posts by hendryc
Last edited by hendryc; Feb 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: pressed the [enter] key before completion