Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,010 Posts
Tips For Using Freemake Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
WooHoo!!! I'm back to using WMM !!! I like the transitions a lot better.

Thanks Joe, that is a neat program. From your description of your needs in the post you sound just like me, I don't want to learn a new hobby just to post a video Quick and easy, wham, bam, thank you Maam....I mean Sir.

Yabba
Yabba, I don't know what output profile you select when using Freemake ("Same as Source", maybe?), but if you don't check the output bit rate, you could be drastically degrading your vids. None of the output profiles appear to set the output bit rate to match the original. In a test I did with the "auto" bit rate option, it was set to 1/2 what the native camera's video rate was! But if you click on the small blue "gear" icon under the profile name when it's selection box pops open, you can manually set the output bit rate to be at least that of your camera's bit rate for the H.264 video codec (mine is about 6500, but I set a bit higher to 7000). Then the profile name will change to "Custom" and you can rename it to your liking and select it with a mouse click the next time. Some pics below. A pretty nice package for rotating clips, trimming unwanted portions, joining separate clips, pictures, etc. and outputting into different file formats.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Feb 15, 2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Tips For Using Freemake Editor