View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by zapadoo
Vancouver, BC
Joined Jan 2011
189 Posts
+1 Fully agree with you on support StormJunkie and to be honest I'd not factored in Hitec support into the equation when I was thinking of this X4. I should have since I recently bought an A9.

Nearby / same country support makes a big difference to me too. If I were interested in one I'd certainly rather buy the X4 "locally" than the HK equivalent even if they are identical inside, even if the X4 costs a little more. I bought my PL8 from ProgressiveRC in Seattle just to access David's well regarded ability to support what he sells.

Almost everything I mail order, RC and other pursuits included, comes from U.S. or Canadian sources. Unfortunately for me being located in Canada means I still often have to deal with customs waits and additional shipping costs from time to time but at least support if needed is an easy phone call away in timezones I can handle easily.

Support aside, if there are reviews or user experiences with the other branded version(s) of this same product that could help someone make a fully informed purchase decision.
zapadoo is offline Find More Posts by zapadoo