Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgault View Post
Jim,

How did your first experience racing today go? Did you have any breeze?

Rich
Rich,
It was awesome.. they delayed the start an hour for the wind to pick up. to 2 to 4mph, still can't believe i came in second on my 1st ever race for points. was incredibly lucky all the way around the course on that 1st one..

Did Ok on the second of three heats, but was over early at the line.. and on 3-of-3 I got myself into a big problem when I tried to pass in front of another guy who was on starboard and my wind faded, so.. and so, didn't quite make it ahead of him.. we collided and i got stuck in irons.. losing a lot of time and came in second to last (of about 20 ODOMs I think) but aside from that, it was very educational and I had a ball.. The radio issue with the main/jib sheet CH3 never reoccurred.. I'm expecting that will pop up again but I'll be ready to isolate it next time..

I'm just very thankful it was such a great experience today.. Hope my friends Chris Lon and Rich all did well racing later in their boats too.. Met a Lot of new guys I didn't know before .. their new to me at least.. but most i think have been sailing there 10+ years.. I got some video and hope to edit and post some of it later.. Twas Nice to be the rookie of the Day today..
Regards, JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123