View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,010 Posts
Video Quality

Someone recommended in one thread that any alteration of the native video should be commented on with the post so others can better evaluate what they are seeing. I think this is a good idea, and I will try to do that in my future posts.

Just so it's more apparent what my native camera video looks like to compare to what I end up with after some simple post processing, I extracted about 45 seconds of clips from the original video I used in the "Eagle Over Aldarra" video I just recently posted. I cropped the original to 1/2 it's regular height, saved it, then applied the color and sharpness tweaks I normally use and saved that 1/2 height video. The following video shows the before and after clips combined, one (the original) above the other (after enhancements). The difference is very noticeable if you pause the playback and compare sections of each clip to see how much more detail comes out after editing. Anyone can improve their videos the same way if you have the time to do some simple tweaks using AviDemux.

HD Keychain Camera Before (top) and After (bottom) Editing Comparison.

Click on the image to view the video on the Exposure Room site... select the "HD" option button for best results
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank