Originally Posted by bob.titus
G and Dan, do you know how to flash the Ublox with v4 firmware, I couldn't find how?
Not tried loading other firmware yet but should be a simple one.
For the config file loading as you can read from the Wiki (I know too much reading....), you have to do the followings:
- download the ucentre software from ublox site
- download the xx2008xx.txt file from the wiki site - under GPS
- run the ucentre and connect the GPS module with USB
- look for the selection of loading of config (i think is under tool as I dont have my hobby NB with me now) and load the file. try this as if you still have issue, I will forward you the full instruction (or maybe someone can also forward that to you since I did send that to someone else here)
- after finish the above (you should not see a pink screen if all goes as normal), click on view and look for Configuration, click the port and select UART1, 0+1 binary NEMEA, 57600. and click send at the bottom screen. then select configuration and click send once.
DONE! you should read the Sat info reading from MKtool after you reconnect all back as usual! If your GPS module is working.
Hope this helps.