Thread: Discussion Utah DLG happenings...
View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
...IF we were going to do a demo for the Wendover Air show, would there be a decent number of DLG pilots interested? What would be the best way to do a spectator demo? Have the announcer announce for ALUD? Deep thoughts?...
Of course I would be interested. Any chance to fly in front of a crowd should be taken advantage of. Especially one that size. How else are we ever gonna spread the word? It would be nice if we could be in fairly close proximity to the people, which they might allow considering the nature of our hand thrown gliders. We aren't like those crazy combat maniacs . It would also be nice to have someone knowledgeable on the announcers stand doing our commentary so they could really explain what it's all about. Or we could at least give the announcer a script to read or something. I think a couple minutes of warm-up time (a quick launch & catch or two to get trimmed out) followed by an AULD round would be cool. Yes, we would have to make sure to CATCH! Old broken up runway does not sound nice. Asphalt or cement would be doable, if it was smooth. I would just play it safe and make darn sure to catch. Come on Jim, I know you can do it!
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly