Thread: Discussion The Nirvana Yacht Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 07, 2011, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by chidago
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,622 Posts
aaah..good timing..as we talked before I saw this, that works great for me..I will sure watch that..I can make em, now I gotta learn how to drive em...I also wanted to share something that I couldnt have done without Rick, here.
Rick,( boomer), had ordered a new play boat, the vela, from tower. which he returned since for bad workmanship. but, with the boat came a 2 channel 2.4 radio, branded tactic. seeing the pictures Rick sent me, and the link to the page on the boat, I hadda have the radio! tactic are futaba radios, labeled for tower hobbies, which is owned by great planes, which is owned by hobbico, which owns futaba..soo, punchline of that spiel is that its a good 2 channel stick 2.4. trouble is, they ONLY use it on this boat.. tower does not sell it, nor is it sold under futaba.
after much sniveling, crying and such, some friends came up with one for me, just got it about a hour ago, its GREAT!! super light weight, mini receiver, and no stick in the air to bend, or get caught in your drink!. back in the early 90's, when futaba was just themselves, I was fortunate enough to know the boss. and received a one off radio, that was given to me as a xmas gift, which I treasure. but, its big, heavy, and a gift, but, I use it for all my boats..its 2 channel also. anywho, you guys gotta figure out how to get the new one, its smokin.. new one first, as a feather, old one second, as a ton.
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
Last edited by chidago; Feb 07, 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: .
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)