Thread: Discussion New JETI Transmitter..
View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2011, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by AlexanderB
Scratch Builder
Braunschweig, Germany
Joined Sep 2006
1,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torgust View Post
To compare the DC-16 with Dx8 is just not fair in my opinion. The Dx8 does'nt even have a decent gliderprogram, whereas DC-16 will have both gliderprogram and unlimited mixes available. This is two different worlds.
A more fair comparison would be the Dx10 which has a list price at around $1500 but are sold for around $1100. I would have no problems choosing the DC-16 at $950 over the Dx10. Of course the DC-16 will have to deliver as promised first
Well, the DC-16 is supposed to be a 16 CH TX. DX 8 has only half (=8 CH), DX 10 has 10 CH (I assume). So here will be a significant difference. From all I read so far the new Jeti TX is comparable to the high end TX from Graupner or Futaba. Thus the price. And from all I know the price will be at least comparable to those TX.

Those who want to buy a more low cost TX with less options will have to go for the Graupner MX-12 / MX-16 that Jeti starts to sell with already inbuilt Jeti Duplex.

But I am quite sure that Jeti will bring low cost versions of the new TX with less options / channels and less price.

For me it sounds to be a good idea to start with a fully engineered high end transmitter and then drop options for a low cost variant rather than vice versa.

I am confident that the hand held TX will be better than my MX24s I have now. In that case I go for it!

Cheers
Alexander
AlexanderB is offline Find More Posts by AlexanderB