View Single Post
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by Guidoracer
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,354 Posts
Wow, touched a nerve somewhere, I guess. First off, I think the regulars -- especially you, Torrance -- are good enough drivers to be able to avoid a 2' ramp well off the driving line. However, I do agree that demo-ing the dirt bikes with a jump in our "practice area" is probably a good idea.

I wouldn't want to smash up a $400 HOR either, but our track is designed for 1:5-scale cars; we could run HORs 3+ abreast on the back straight and probably every turn. But I guarantee two things if you put a HOR on a track: 1) it will get banged up and you will get over it, and 2) you'll be disappointed when you run it in an open lot again because it isn't a track.

The Artesia track is just too big to run 1:8-scale bikes on. Even the 1:11-ish-scale cars we used to run (the ABC Genetic platform) are too small for Artesia, but like the 1:8 bikes, are perfect for Cal RC.

Alright, that said, I'll be there on 2/13, ready to race the SB5 and ready to play with the VMX and DX450, and maybe if I get motivated, a rebuilt brushless gyro-equipped Ricky.

See you at the track, guys!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer