View Single Post
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by zrobbie
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It does an adequate job of converting if I "force" the output bit rate to 7000 kbps to match my original source video. It does not give you an option that high in the drop down box, but you can pick one and type in 7000 to replace it.

But, it has no editing ability, so that limits it in comparison to some of the others we've looked at here.

And when I tell it to convert using the original source video stream (i.e. no re-encoding, it too, like all the other conversion programs, will not produce an .AVI file that can be displayed/edited. So I think this one also uses the same core library modules and just adds it's own user interface. It does have a lot of option settings, which some find too busy or confusing. I found it easy to configure and use, though.
I think Pazera Mov to Avi converter is more for the person who has difficulty with vdub or avidmux and they just want to use WMM to create their videos. They (I) can simply input a bunch of mov's all at once, set the bit rate and output to wmv, click convert and all the mov's are converted at once and ready to edit in WMM. Pazera is easy to configure and save so the next time you simply drag and drop all your mov's, press convert and it's all done very quickly.
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie