View Single Post
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by kilwein
Joined Jan 2007
653 Posts
Good points,

The servos I have set to minimual deadband. Will move pushrods closer to center servo arm as I finish the V-tail ball links in back. Buying them at lunch today.

On the existing tray you could just widen one of the slots and put two servo's side by side along with placing screw mounting block under servo tray for the servo screws. I think that may happen, Thanks!
This would also let you shorten the servo tray for even more room inside. You are right this has one wide fuse.

This is my first moldy of this type and wanted to go as the vendor had it setup. On future builds this can-will change from what I learn here. I may machine a plug for the mpx6 connector to fit in the DB9 location later. Easy to do.

I may be wrong on the servo tray being carbon, Did not get to verify this with the vendor yesterday, will try to find out today. Have this as a action item for earlier post by SJ.

Thanks,
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
Torque is not a problem in v-tail servo, but dead band and resoution is. Shorter horns are better.

Vulture has quite wide fuselage. I would not install v-tail servos in line in center of the fuselage. Having them closer to fuselage side makes sraighter run for the pushrod and prevents the forward servo pushrod to intefere with the rearward servo.

Just as a personal note, I think mpx6 connecter is more robust and easyer to solder than the 9 pin connector.

Overall the Vulture looks like a very nice F3J plane. However, like mentioned before, I think carbon servo is not what we want with 2.4 radios. I see no problem with plywood servo tray, or very stiff fiberglass lamination, if the manufacturer wants to make it out of composites.
kilwein is offline Find More Posts by kilwein