Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by crazyj
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Oct 2002
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider-man View Post
Hahaha, thanks Pat! Well I flew it today... started with a glide test, it floated perfectly to a soft plop with no need for trim. So half throttle and a biff sent it above the trees and into a very steady and beautiful flight. It's not really that fast looking in the air probaly because it is reasonably big but also because there must be quite a bit of drag in that belly however it is exactly what I intended and it is very fun the fly around on half throttle with the occasional WOT fly-by.
I did however manage to get it locked into a spiral then it disappered behind a hill! But no damage was caused however I will be changing the way I mounted my servos - they find it easier to push themselves instead of the surface.
I think I'll be getting the RC timer motor because the 2210 doesn't give it unlimited vertical in when in the air. It has just enough to hover the plane (not enough for me )

A good plane though.
Thanks Tomhe.
I'm glad the model flew well for you, sorry to hear about the mishap but glad it's still in one piece. More power - argh argh argggh...
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj