Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joespeeder View Post
Thanks Tom,

That was a normal to light crowd. I've seen twice that amount there. I like to call the main sport flying area the foam blender..... Crunch!!!! Heli's in one goal zone, blender in the main field, 3d and micros in the other goal zone.

The thing I always forget when shooting video with these cams is how quickly you accumulate LOTS of footage and how long it takes to look at it to edit it down. Add in the 1/2 speed filter and you learn to be brutal in editing.

I did learn how to produce an HD video from WMM.

I'll be interested to see the AVI HD Keyfob cam Chuck calls #12.

Now that I have some video to work with I'll keep experimenting with my ultimate noob set up.

Joe
I start to feel "cramped" with just two other planes flying the same time as me, and that's OUTDOORS!

There's more info on that "#12" in the chucklohr.com site. It's definitely not for me, and the only thing it offers that's an advancement is the (reportedly) video out plug... just what FPV fliers have wanted. It can drop down to 720x480 and 640x480, but still at only 30 fps, instead of an anticipated 60 fps. But with 30% dropped frames, the video is VERY jerky, and with MJPEG compression codec, the files will be close to twice as large as the ones from the HD key cam for the same recorded time, so flash memory will need to be about twice the capacity to hold the same amount of video. And the video has the same lens vignetting issues... all for an approximate price of $60 delivered!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Feb 02, 2011 at 11:14 PM.